DG2: Defense Grid 2 is an indie strategy game developed by Hidden Path Entertainment and distributed by 505 Games in 2014. Setting the bar as the definitive tower defense game, Defense Grid 2 introduces new worlds and threats to test your tower placement strategies. With a bold new look and the addition of new game modes, player-versus-player and multiplayer co-op, every play brings fun new opportunities and challenges.
System requirements for desktop computers as stated by the developer. Updated on September 30, 2020.
- OS: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.0, Windows 8.1
- Processor: Dual core CPU 2.0Ghz or faster
- Memory: 3 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX 10 video card with shader 4 support and Passmark Video Benchmark of 160 or above such as the following: ATI Radeon HD3650 or better (HD3650-HD8000, RX200-RX300+) (Radeon HD 4200 and HD 4250 not included) NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or newer (8800, 9600-9800, or 100-700+) (GeForce 8600M not included) Intel HD Graphics 2500 or higher
- DirectX: Version 10
- Storage: 2 GB available space
- Additional Notes: DG2 requires a multi-core processor and at least 3 GB of RAM on your computer to run. DG2 relies on a DirectX 10.0 or later graphics engine which means it runs on Windows Vista, Win7, Win8, and Win8.1. DG2 will not run on Windows XP. DG2 requires a video graphics card or chipset that supports DirectX10, video cards made with current technology after November 2006 (up to 7 years old). Compatible graphics cards include any AMD Radeon graphics card with the "HD" or "RX" designation (HD2000-HD8000, RX200-RX300+), any NVIDIA card after and including the 8000 series (8000, 9000, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, and 700+ series), and any Intel graphics chipsets released on the GMA X3100 (2007) architecture and later (GL960, GM965, B43, Q43+, G41, G43, G45, GL40, GS40, GM43, GS45, Core i3 integrated graphics or later, Intel "HD Graphics" or later). DG2 requires Steam to run.
DG2: Defense Grid 2 Laptop Requirements
The system requirements are lightweight; nearly any new laptops will work for playing DG:DG2.
The RAM requirement of 3gb is easily met.
Also, note that at least 2gb of storage space is required.