DOOM 3 is an action game developed and distributed by id Software in 2007. A massive demonic invasion has overwhelmed the Union Aerospace Corporation's (UAC) Mars Research Facility, leaving only chaos and horror in its wake. As one of only a few survivors, you must fight your way to hell and back against a horde of evil monsters.
System requirements for desktop computers as stated by the developer. Updated on September 26, 2020.
- OS: Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP (Does not support Windows Vista/7)
- Processor: Pentium®IV 1.5 GHz or Athlon® XP 1500+ processor or higher
- Memory: 384 MB RAM
- Graphics: 100% DirectX® 9.0b compatible 64MB Hardware Accelerated video card and the lateset drivers
- DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0b (included)
- Hard Drive: 2.2GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 400MB for Windows® swap file)
- Sound: 100% DirectX® 9.0b compatible 16-bit sound card and the latest drivers
- Multiplayer Requirements: Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported, Internet play requires broadband connection and latest drivers, LAN play requires network interface card and latest drivers
- Supported Chipsets: ATI® RadeonTM 8500, ATI® RadeonTM 9000, ATI® RadeonTM 9200, ATI® RadeonTM 9500, ATI® RadeonTM 9600, ATI® RadeonTM 9700, ATI® RadeonTM 9800, all nVidia® GeForceTM 3/Ti series, all nVidia® GeForceTM 4MX series, all nVidia® GeForceTM 4/Ti series, all nVidia® GeForceTM FX series, nVidia® GeForceTM 6800*Important Note: Some 3D accelerator cards with the chipset listed here may not be compatible with the 3D accelerator features utilized by Doom 3. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX 9.0b compatibility. This product does not support Microsoft® Windows® 95/98/ME or NT.
DOOM 3 Laptop Requirements
The system requirements are lightweight; nearly any new laptops will work for playing DOOM 3.
Every new laptop meets the RAM requirement of 0.3gb.
Also, note that at least 2.2gb of storage space is required.