Need for Speed™ SHIFT is an award-winning authentic racing game that combines the true driver’s experience with real-world physics, pixel-perfect car models, and a wide range of authentic race tracks. It was developed by Slightly Mad Studios and distributed by Electronic Arts in 2009. Need for Speed SHIFT takes players in a different direction to create a simulation experience that replicates the true feeling of driving...
System requirements for desktop computers as stated by the developer. Updated on September 22, 2020.
- OS: Windows XP (Service Pack 3) / Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) / Windows 7
- Processor: 1.6GHz Intel Core2 or faster/AMD X2 3800+ or faster
- Memory: (Windows XP) 1 GB RAM; (Windows Vista/Windows 7) 1.5 GB RAM
- Graphics: 256 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 3.0*
- DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Hard Drive: 6 GB
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Controller Support: USB Steering Wheel/Dual Analog Gamepad
- Online Multiplayer: 512 Kbps or faster; 2-8 players
- INTERNET CONNECTION, ONLINE AUTHENTICATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY. TO ACCESS ONLINE FEATURES, YOU MUST REGISTER ONLINE. ONLY ONE REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE PER GAME. EA ONLINE TERMS & CONDITIONS AND FEATURE UPDATES CAN BE FOUND AT WWW.EA.COM. YOU MUST BE 13+ TO REGISTER WITH EA ONLINE. EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON WWW.EA.COM.
Need for Speed: Shift Laptop Requirements
The system requirements are lightweight; nearly any new laptops will work for playing NfS:S.
Every new laptop meets the RAM requirement of 1gb.