SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition is a strategy game developed by EA - Maxis and Aspyr (Mac) and distributed by Electronic Arts and Aspyr (Mac) in 2010. SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition includes the bestselling SimCity 4 and the all-new SimCity 4 Rush Hour Expansion Pack. Create the most massive region of cities ever, with a farming town, bedroom community, high-tech commercial center, and industrial backbone.
System requirements for desktop computers as stated by the developer. Updated on September 19, 2020.
- OS: Windows XP
- Processor: PIII 500 or equivalent
- Memory: 256MB
- Graphics: 32MB supported Direct3D capable video card with DirectX 7.0 or greater
- DirectX®: DirectX 8.1
- Hard Drive: 1.6GB
- Supported 3D Accelerator Hardware: SimCity 4 Deluxe / Rush Hour requires a 32MB 3D Direct3D chipset, and a display that is at least 800x600 in size, and supports 16 or 32-bit color. It is recommended to always install the latest certified drivers for all your hardware
Supported Graphics Chipsets
Cards with these chipsets are officially supported by the SimCity 4 hardware graphics driver:
- nVidia TNT2, TNT2 M64, & TNT2 Ultra
- nVidia GeForce SDR, GeForce DDR, GeForce Quadro, GeForce2 GTS, GeForce2 MX, GeForce2 GTS, GeForce3, GeForce4 MX, GeForce4 Ti 4200/4400/4600/4800 SE, and GeForceFX 5200/5600/5800/5900
- ATI Radeon 7000, 7200, 7500, 8500, 9000, 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800
- Known Issues: Due to hardware limitations with the ATI Radeon series, some buildings and graphic effects will be temporarily turned off while scrolling. There is a known ATI driver defect that results in SimCity advisor animations dropping polygons. To fix this, please download ATI driver 7.79 or later (also referred to as CATALYST 02.4) from http://www.ati.com on the Internet.
- Matrox G400, G450, G550, Parhelia
SiS: http://www.sis.com Software Mode:
SimCity 4 also provides a software-based graphics driver which will work with most video cards. 32MB of video memory is recommended. The graphics mode driver can be selected from the Graphics Options panel in the game, or may be run from the command line using the switch -d:Software. The following video chipsets will run the game properly in software mode:
- PowerVR KYRO, KYRO II
- Trident Blade 64
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition Laptop Requirements
The system requirements are lightweight; nearly any new laptops will work for playing SC4D.
Every new laptop meets the RAM requirement of 0.2gb.
Also, note that at least 1.6gb of storage space is required.